Sunday, November 8, 2009

Groovyness

I can't believe it has been so long since I have updated. I guess I got sick of posting the whole medical issue crap. I have been at my placement for a month now and I am loving it. I am in my element and it feels so right and natural for me to be in a classroom. My university supervisor came to watch me teach my second lesson last week and gave me the best compliment, he said my lesson was one of the best he has ever seen done by a student teacher, especially considering it was only my second time at the head of the classroom. I am learning a lot and have really been made to feel at home. There have been issues come up, but I just roll with them and work it out. In fact, I am amazed at how NOT stressed I am when I am there. I have had a kid tell me to F off several times and leave the classroom knocking over papers and trash cans on his way out-all because I asked him to sit and read during SSR. He had been loud and using really bad language and pretty much refused to listen, so I told him to go to the office. The whole episode didn't bother me or leave me shaken, which really seems to be the opposit of what I would expect from myself.

I lost another friend last month and seem to be taking it pretty well, keeping busy is really helping deal with the stress of one death after another this year. I am thankful I have such an amazing support network!

Back to the homework grind.....TTFN

No comments: